Aree di ricerca: Media Economics, Political economics
Search keywords: Political Economics, Media Economics, Public Economics, Digital media and participation, Political Behaviour, Algorithmic Gatekeepers.
Francesco Sobbrio is an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics and Finance at Luiss "Guido Carli". He is also a CESifo Research Fellow (Economics of Digitization). He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Southern California (USA), a M.Sc. in Economics from the University of Warwick (UK) and a BSc in Economics and Social Sciences from Bocconi University. His research focuses on political economics and on the economics of media.
Main publications (last 10 years)
- Campante, Filipe; Durante, Ruben; Sobbrio, Francesco (2018). Politics 2.0: The Multifaceted Effect of Broadband Internet on Political Participation. JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, p. 1094-1136. ISSN 1542-4774. https://doi.org/10.1093/jeea/jvx044.
- Blasco, Andrea; Pin, Paolo; Sobbrio, Francesco (2016). Paying positive to go negative: Advertisers' competition and media reports. EUROPEAN ECONOMIC REVIEW, p. 243-261. ISSN 0014-2921. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroecorev.2016.01.005.
- Drago, Francesco; Nannicini, Tommaso; Sobbrio, Francesco (2014). Meet the Press: How Voters and Politicians Respond to Newspaper Entry and Exit. AMERICAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL. APPLIED ECONOMICS, p. 159-188. ISSN 1945-7782. https://doi.org/10.1257/app.6.3.159.
- Sobbrio, Francesco (2014). Citizen-editors' endogenous information acquisition and news accuracy. JOURNAL OF PUBLIC ECONOMICS, p. 43-53. ISSN 0047-2727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpubeco.2014.03.007.
- Sobbrio, Francesco (2011). Indirect Lobbying and Media Bias. QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF POLITICAL SCIENCE, p. 235-274. ISSN 1554-0626. https://doi.org/10.1561/100.00010087.
- Sobbrio, Francesco; Navarra, Pietro (2010). Electoral participation and communicative voting in Europe. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY, p. 185-207. ISSN 0176-2680. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpoleco.2010.01.002.