Breve curriculum vitae
(max. 1000 caratteri)
- LUISS Guido Carli, Department of Economics and Finance, Arcelli Center for Monetary and Financial Studies (CASMEF), Research Fellow
- Wharton Financial Institutions Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Fellow
- 2008-2014: Assonime – Association of Joint Stock Companies incorporated in Italy, Economist
- Wharton Financial Institutions Center, October 2006-February 2008, May 2013-August 2013, Visiting Scholar
- 2004-2005: ABI – Italian Banking Association, Researcher
- 2006-2009: PhD in Law and Economics, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- 2000-2004: Laurea in Economics, cum laude, La Sapienza, Rome
- 2000-2004: University College "Lamaro-Pozzani", Federazione Nazionale dei Cavalieri del Lavoro, Rome
- Bank regulation and supervision, financial crises, European banking union, systemically important banks, bank corporate structures and complexity, bank crisis resolution, recovery and resolution plans
- Carmassi, J. and R.J. Herring (2013), Living Wills and Cross-Border Resolution of Systemically Important Banks, Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Vol. 5, No. 4, November, pp. 361-387.
- Caccavaio, M., J. Carmassi, G. Di Giorgio and M. Spallone (2012), SMEs and the Challenge to Go Public: Evidence From a Recent Survey, CASMEF Working Paper 2012/02, LUISS Guido Carli, and Rivista Bancaria, Minerva Bancaria, N. 2-3, pp. 31-67.
- Carmassi, J., D. Gros and S. Micossi (2009), The Global Financial Crisis: Causes and Cures, Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 47, No. 5, November, pp. 977-996.
- Herring, R.J. and J. Carmassi (2008), The Structure of Cross-Sector Financial Supervision, Journal of Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, vol. 17, n.1, pp. 51-76.
- Amici, A., J. Carmassi, F. Masala and F. Palisi (2006), I conflitti di interesse nell'industria finanziaria europea: tassonomia, procedure di gestione e norme comunitarie, Bancaria, n. 7-8.
Chapters in books and short monographies:
- Herring, R.J. and J. Carmassi (2014), Complexity and systemic risk: what's changed since the crisis?, in A.N. Berger, P. Molyneux and J.O.S Wilson (eds.), Oxford Handbook of Banking, 2nd edition, forthcoming.
- Carmassi, J. and S. Micossi (2012), Time to Set Banking Regulation Right, CEPS Paperback, Brussels, March.
- Fitoussi, J.P., J. Carmassi, G. Di Giorgio, R.J. Gordon, S. Micossi, P. Parascandolo, E.S. Phelps, C. Pissarides, F. Saraceno, E. Wasmer (2010), After the crisis – the way ahead, LIGEP, LUISS International Group of Economic Policy, LUISS University Press, Rome, October.
- Carmassi, J., E. Luchetti and S. Micossi (2010), Overcoming too-big-to-fail – A Regulatory Framework to Limit Moral Hazard and Free Riding in the Financial Sector, Report of the Assonime-CEPS Task Force on Bank Crisis Resolution, CEPS, Brussels, March.
- Herring, R.J. and J. Carmassi (2010), The Corporate Structure of International Financial Conglomerates: Complexity and Its Implications for Safety & Soundness, in A.N. Berger, P. Molyneux and J.O.S. Wilson, (eds.), Oxford Handbook of Banking.
- Di Noia, C. and S. Micossi, with J. Carmassi and F. Peirce (2009), Keep it Simple – Policy Responses to the Financial Crisis, Note e Studi, Assonime - CEPS Paperback, Rome-Brussels.
- Carmassi, J. (2007), Angelo Costa e l'integrazione europea, in V. Zamagni and F. Fauri (eds.), Angelo Costa. Un ritratto a più dimensioni, Bologna, il Mulino.
- Carmassi J. (2004), La regolamentazione e i costi della vigilanza sui mercati mobiliari, in G. Di Giorgio and C. Di Noia (eds.), Intermediari e mercati finanziari, Bologna, il Mulino.
Policy briefs and commentaries:
- Micossi, S., G. Bruzzone e J. Carmassi (2013), The new European framework for managing bank crises, CEPS Policy Brief No. 304, Brussels, November.
- Carmassi, J., C. Di Noia and S. Micossi (2012), Banking Union: A federal model for the European Union with prompt corrective action, CEPS Policy Brief No. 282, Brussels, September.
- Carmassi, J., C. Di Noia and S. Micossi (2012), Banking Union in the Eurozone and the European Union, CEPS Commentary, Brussels, June.
- Micossi, S., J. Carmassi and F. Peirce (2011), On the Tasks of the European Stability Mechanism, CEPS Policy Brief No. 235, Brussels, March.