To earn the 4 credits in the study plan listed under Other Activities, students in bachelor's and master's degree programs can sign up for a seminar series.
In choosing a seminar series to fulfill the requirement, students may no longer request credit for other activities in the category, such as internships or other languages.
Students may also consult the guide to the compilation of study plans.
Seminar series offered in 2017-2018:
Bachelor's degree series:
|Italian||Analisi e Politiche per lo sviluppo sostenibile||Enrico Gìovannini||I||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|English||Competition Law and Antitrust Regulation||Gianluca Faella||I||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|English||Introduction to Excel and Data Computation||Gian Paolo Scalia Tomba||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Students may also sign up for seminar series offered by the Department of Business and Management.
|Italiano||Advanced Analytics per il Business||Vittorio Carlei||I||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italiano||Economia Digitale||Paolo Cellini||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italiano||Regolamentazione finanziaria e digitalizzazione||Massimo Roccia||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italiano||Laboratorio di Analisi di dati economici e aziendali||Alessandro Rinaldi||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
Master's degree series
|English||Algorithmic Trading||Emilio Barone||I||Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|English||Bloomberg||Nicola Borri||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italian||Corporate Governance and Corporate Finance||Romina Guglielmetti, Federico Fornari e altre testimonianze||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italian||Conoscere l'Industria Assicurativa||Gennaro Olivieri||II||Thursday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|English||Meetings with the Banking and Financial Industry||Zeno Rotondi||II||Monday 5:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Italian||Rotman Trading Lab||Emilio Barone||I||Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
How to participate
Bachelor's degree students
- First-year students in 2017-2018 may choose a seminar in order to receive 4 credits through Web Self Service between June 27 and July 5, 2017.
- Second-year students (who began in 2015-2016) who chose the generic SJI code but have not yet received credits may complete the form available from December 4th, 2017.
- See the guide to the compilation of study plans.
Master's degree students
- First-year master's students in 2016-2017 who chose the generic SJI or SFN (seminar) code, but have not yet earned the credits may register by completing the form between June 27 and September 3, 2017.
- First-year master's students in 2017-2018 may choose one of the two courses offered by Professor Emilio Barone in their first semester by completing the form between June 27 and September 3, 2017.
Students may register for seminar series offered in the second semester in December 2017 through Web Self Service.
- First-year bachelor's degree students in 2017-2018 may not register for seminar series
- Students may only participate in series designated to their degree programs
Credits will be awarded if students meet the following two requirements:
- 80% attendance (the number of total course hours will be established by the professor)
- a final exam (the style will be established by the professor)
Each seminar series consists of approximately 30 hours of lessons.
Seminar series will be confirmed only if 15 students or more sign up.