- Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza
Prof. Baldi earned his Ph.D. in Business Economics from the University of Rome III and a B.A. in Business Economics and a M.Sc. in Finance from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”. He also holds a M.Sc. in Applied Econometrics from the School of Economics and Finance of the Italian Ministry of Treasury. He is the author of several articles published on international and Italian journals. Dr. Baldi has an extensive professional experience, having started his career as a dealer in the City of London. Most recently, he has worked as Vice President in the Risk Management and Trading Unit of ENEL SpA and as a Vice President with the Research Department of Capitalia SpA, where he consulted the European Commission on the use of real options techniques for the valuation of breakthrough technology projects in the energy sector. He has also contributed to structuring asset-backed securities issued in domestic and international markets as a member of the Securitisation Team of MCC SpA, the investment banking arm of Capitalia Banking Group.
Prof. Baldi has lectured at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” and the University of Rome III. He has been a Chazen Visiting Scholar at the Division of Finance and Economics of the Columbia Graduate School of Business and a Visiting Scholar at the MIT Sloan School of Management having received the 2006 “Fondazione IRI” scholarship in management studies. He is the recipient of the 2007 PriceWaterhouseCoopers Prize for the “Best Junior Contribution to the Development of Intangibles and IC Theory and Practice” and has been nominated for The William H. Newman Award (HR division) for outstanding papers based on recent doctoral dissertations at the Academy of Management 2008 Annual Meeting. He currently serves as an Adjunct Professor of Corporate Finance at the LUISS Guido Carli University. His current academic interests involve the real options analysis of corporate intangible assets.
- F. Baldi, The Internal vs. External Equity Capital Dilemma: the Case of Italy – The Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, (forthcoming)
- F. Baldi, Switch, Switch, Switch! A Regime-Switching Option-Based Model for Valuing a Tolling Agreement – The Engineering Economist, Vol. 55:3, 268-304, 2010
- F. Baldi – L. Trigeorgis, Assessing the value of growth option synergies from business combinations and testing for goodwill: a real options perspective – The Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Vol. 21, n. 4, Fall 2009
- F. Baldi, Bank lending to energy services companies: a real options valuation of third – party financing – Banque & Marchès, Janvier – Fèvrier 2007
- F. Baldi, Valuing a leveraged buyout: expansion of the adjusted present value by means of real options analysis – The Journal of Private Equity, Vol. 8, n. 4, Fall 2005