After a BSc in Chemical Engineering (Thessaloniki, Greece- 1994), an MBA (Cardiff-1995) and a PhD (Bradford -1998), I have joined Imperial College London (September 1998) as a lecturer in Entrepreneurship. I joined Cass Business School (City University) in January 2004 as a Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. I specialise in the creation, innovation and strategy of new technology ventures. I have researched the phenomenon in various contexts such as academic spinouts, internet ventures and technology ventures in newly industrialised economies. My research is initially driven by interesting and relevant empirical questions. Subsequently, I use relevant theory to answer the questions.
I am currently the subject-leader for Entrepreneurship at Cass. I am also the Phd Director since 2011. I have transformed the PhD at Cass to a 4-year, training-based programme, which can produce research leaders placed at top schools globally.
- Souitaris, V. and Zerbinati, S. (2014 forthcoming) How do Corporate Venture Capitalists do deals? An exploration of corporate investment practices. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Souitaris, V., Zerbinati, S., and Liu, G. (2012) Which iron cage? Endo- and exo-isomorphism in corporate venture capital programs. Academy of Management Journal, 55(2), 477-505.
- Zerbinati, S., Souitaris, V., Moray, N. (2012) Nurture or nature? The growth paradox of research-based spinoffs, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, 24(1), 21-35.
- Souitaris, V., Maestro, B.M.M. (2011) The case for multitasking, Harvard Business Review, October, p. 704.
- Souitaris, V and Maestro, B.M.M. (2010) Polychronicity in top management teams: The impact on strategic decision processes and performance of new technology ventures, Strategic Management Journal, 31(6), 652-678.
- Al-Laham, A., Souitaris, V., (2008) ‘Network embeddedness and new venture internationalization. Analysing international linkages in the German Biotech industry’, Journal of Business Venturing, 23(5), 567-586.
- Zhang, J. Souitaris, V. Soh, P.H. Wong, P.K. (2008) ‘Usage of social networks in venture financing: The influence of human capital’, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 32(4), 593-613.
- Djokovic D, Souitaris, V. (2008) Spinouts from academic institutions. A literature review with suggestions for further research Journal of Technology Transfer, 33(3), 225-247
- Souitaris V, Zerbinati, S & Al-Laham, A. (2007) ‘Do entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intentions of science and engineering students? The effects of learning, inspiration and resources’ Journal of Business Venturing, 22(4), 566-591.
- Souitaris, V. and Balabanis G. (2007) Tailoring online retail strategies to increase customer loyalty, Long Range Planning, 40(2), 264-261.