24/03/1966 - Boston, (US).
Senior researcher, Econometric Studies and Economic Forecasting Division, Italian Statistical Institute (Istat) and Associate Professor, LUISS Guido Carli – University.
Ph.D. in Econometrics and Empirical Economics, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy.
Master degree in International Economics, DES (Diplome d’Etudes Superieures en Relationes Internationales), at the Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, (Switzerland).
Degree (Laurea) in Economics (110/110 cum laude), University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy.
Productivity, ICT, intangible capital and growth.
Research Fellow, LUISS Lab of European Economics research centre.
Senior researcher for the following research projects financed by the European Commision – FP7 Work Programme:
- INNODRIVE – “Intangible Capital and Innovations: Drivers of Growth and Location in the EU”, (2008-2011).
- IAREG – “Intangible assets and regional economic growth”, (2008-2010).
- ICT NET – (DG Information Society and Media) project aimed at enhancing the coordination of the research in the economics of ICT in Europe, (2010-2012).
- SETI – Evaluation Models and Tools for Assessment of Innovation and Sustainable Development at the EU level, (2006-2007).
- EUKLEMS – Productivity, measurement and growth analysis, (2004-2008).
Member of the Advisory board of INDICSER EU-FP7 Research Project.
Member of the INTAN-Invest research team.
Recent selected publications
Corrado C., J. Haskel, C.Jona-Lasinio, M.Iommi, (2013), Innovation and Intangible Investment in Europe and the US, forthcoming in Oxford Review of Economic Policy.
Iammarino, S., C.Jona-Lasinio, (2013), “Labour productivity in Italy: regional contributions and the role of ICT-producing industries”, in European Urban and Regional Studies, February 7, 2013.
Jona-Lasinio, C., S. Manzocchi, (2013), “Intangible assets and productivity growth differentials across EU economies: The role of ICT and R&D”, Rivista di Politica Economica, 1, 2014.
C.Jona-Lasinio, M.Iommi (2011), “National Measures of Intangible Capital in the EU27 and Norway”, in Piekkola, H. (Ed) Intangible Capital – Driver of Growth in Europe.
Daveri F., C.Jona-Lasinio, (2008), “Off-shoring and Productivity Growth in the Italian Manufacturing Industries”, in CESifo Economic Studies; vol. 3/08.
Iommi M., C. Jona-Lasinio (2009), “New Technologies and the Growth of Capital Services: A Sensitivity Analysis for the Italian Economy over 1980-2003”, in “Productivity Measurement and Analysis”, Proceedings from OECD Workshops, OECD (2009).